SOUTH DAKOTA OPPORTUNITIES:
Director of Member Services
South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance (SDPAA) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Member Services to manage and direct member services and marketing duties, marketing coverage and services to current and prospective members, and responding to member needs on a wide array of insurance and risk management related issues. The successful candidate must provide outstanding customer service by promptly and accurately responding to inquiries concerning liability and property coverage, exposure, risk management, contractual issues and related questions. The Director of Member Services will work as part of a team with the SDPAA Executive Director, the Underwriting Unit, the SDPAA Board of Directors, and third-party service providers.
The SDPAA is a non-profit local government risk management pool providing liability and property coverage programs for municipalities, counties, townships, conservation districts, and special districts statewide. SDPAA is sponsored and endorsed by the South Dakota Municipal League (SDML) and the South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC). SDPAA is headquartered at the SDML offices in Ft. Pierre, SD with a satellite office in Sioux Falls, SD. For additional information see our website at: www.sdpaa.org.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Visit current members and prospective new members on a regular basis to ensure that coverage and services meet member needs.
- Provide direction to and supervise activities of third-party provider of loss control activities including loss control surveys of members, loss control training, and property valuation services.
- Analyze and assess trends related to risk management, and provide advice and technical assistance regarding matters related to risk management, including safety procedures.
- Develop, promote and implement risk management awareness and educational programs and workshops.
- Work with Underwriting Unit and members to coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate membership and renewal activities.
- Coordinate membership and recruitment efforts by creating and making presentations and promotional materials to distribute through direct mailing, email, social media, and website.
- Travel to the members to conduct visits and attend both daytime and evening meetings to discuss and present coverage options to individuals and in formal group settings.
- Maintain broad knowledge of trends in the marketing and member services fields in relation to the insurance industry.
- Supervise a small staff.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, industrial safety, insurance, risk management or related field from a four year college or university
- Licensed Insurance Agent, Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification are desirable
- A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in member services and/or marketing, insurance and/or risk management/loss control
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite, database management and the use of the Internet for job related purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Possess the ability to attend night meetings as needed and travel throughout the state
- Successful applicant will be required to undergo an extensive background screening
SDPAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including membership in the South Dakota Retirement System.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter indicating relevant experience, education documentation and proof of certification (if relevant) to Judith M. Payne, Executive Director, South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance via email at email@example.com.
Position is open until filled. Review of resumes will begin immediately.
MINNEHAHA COUNTY invites applications for the position of: Deputy Public Defender/ Senior Deputy Public Defender
All applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the date the position closes.
SALARY: $2,023.20 – $2,404.80 Biweekly
OPENING DATE: 03/13/14 CLOSING DATE: 04/11/14 05:00 PM
The Minnehaha County Public Defender’s Office currently seeks a compassionate Deputy Public Defender/Senior Deputy Public Defender with excellent advocacy skills who is committed to ensuring justice, humanity, and equality to indigent clients appearing in the criminal and juvenile justice system. ***Please attach a cover letter to the online application.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES INCLUDE:
Defending clients charged with misdemeanor and felony offenses, involuntary commitment proceedings for mental illness or chemical abuse, abuse and neglect proceedings, and juvenile delinquency matters. Interviewing clients and witnesses to ascertain facts of case and representing clients at all stages of proceedings from first appearance through appeal, including preparation of motions, briefs, and pleadings.
Graduation from a college of law and attainment of a Juris Doctorate degree from an accredited law school and admission by the Supreme Court of South Dakota to practice law in the State of South Dakota; or be licensed to practice law in any other state and able to sit for the next available South Dakota bar examination; or be a recent, or imminent, law school graduate, eligible to sit for the next available South Dakota bar examination. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Working knowledge of civil and criminal law, court procedures, and the principles and practices of legal research. Ability to work with a diverse population and be attentive to the needs of the clientele. Working knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, and practices utilized in legal research. Working knowledge of general law and established precedents. Ability to speak and write effectively in the preparation and presentation of legal matters. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, other agencies, and the public. Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor. Consideration for appointment as a Senior Deputy Public Defender requires a minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
Bilingual skills a plus.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://jobs.minnehahacounty.org
OUR OFFICE IS LOCATED AT:
415 N Dakota Avenue , Sioux Falls, SD 57104
DEPUTY PUBLIC DEFENDER/ SENIOR DEPUTY PUBLIC DEFENDER
Minnehaha County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, genetic information, or any other protected group in accordance with state and federal law. Arrangements for accommodations required by disabilities can be made by contacting Human Resources at (605) 367-4337.