SOUTH DAKOTA OPPORTUNITIES:
Director of Member Services
South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
The South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance (SDPAA) is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Director of Member Services to manage and direct member services and marketing duties, marketing coverage and services to current and prospective members, and responding to member needs on a wide array of insurance and risk management related issues. The successful candidate must provide outstanding customer service by promptly and accurately responding to inquiries concerning liability and property coverage, exposure, risk management, contractual issues and related questions. The Director of Member Services will work as part of a team with the SDPAA Executive Director, the Underwriting Unit, the SDPAA Board of Directors, and third-party service providers.
The SDPAA is a non-profit local government risk management pool providing liability and property coverage programs for municipalities, counties, townships, conservation districts, and special districts statewide. SDPAA is sponsored and endorsed by the South Dakota Municipal League (SDML) and the South Dakota Association of County Commissioners (SDACC). SDPAA is headquartered at the SDML offices in Ft. Pierre, SD with a satellite office in Sioux Falls, SD. For additional information see our website at: www.sdpaa.org.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Visit current members and prospective new members on a regular basis to ensure that coverage and services meet member needs.
- Provide direction to and supervise activities of third-party provider of loss control activities including loss control surveys of members, loss control training, and property valuation services.
- Analyze and assess trends related to risk management, and provide advice and technical assistance regarding matters related to risk management, including safety procedures.
- Develop, promote and implement risk management awareness and educational programs and workshops.
- Work with Underwriting Unit and members to coordinate, manage, track, and evaluate membership and renewal activities.
- Coordinate membership and recruitment efforts by creating and making presentations and promotional materials to distribute through direct mailing, email, social media, and website.
- Travel to the members to conduct visits and attend both daytime and evening meetings to discuss and present coverage options to individuals and in formal group settings.
- Maintain broad knowledge of trends in the marketing and member services fields in relation to the insurance industry.
- Supervise a small staff.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, industrial safety, insurance, risk management or related field from a four year college or university
- Licensed Insurance Agent, Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), and/or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification are desirable
- A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in member services and/or marketing, insurance and/or risk management/loss control
- Proficient in the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office Suite, database management and the use of the Internet for job related purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Possess the ability to attend night meetings as needed and travel throughout the state
- Successful applicant will be required to undergo an extensive background screening
SDPAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, including membership in the South Dakota Retirement System.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter indicating relevant experience, education documentation and proof of certification (if relevant) to Judith M. Payne, Executive Director, South Dakota Public Assurance Alliance via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled. Review of resumes will begin immediately.
POSITION TITLE: IT Support Specialist
Closing Date: March 17, 2014 at 5PM
Starting Wage: $22.01-$24.77 DOE/Q
Full Time Position with Full Benefits Package
Application Procedures: Interested individuals are encouraged to apply by submitting a Brookings County application to Human Resources, Brookings City/County Government Center, 520 3rd Street, Suite 210, Brookings, SD 57006.
REPORTS TO: Commission Assistant/HR Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General Statement of Duties
Performs general and specific technology duties for all county departments. Individual will be responsible for supporting and maintaining existing applications and equipment along with researching and implementing new technology to support growing needs of the county. Individual is under direct supervision of the Commission Assistant/HR Director.
Examples of Duties: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties which may be found in positions of this grade.)
- Analyze and implement solutions to complex technical needs
- Ensure consistency and maintainability of existing applications
- Prioritize work load
- Implement effective transitions of new software or equipment
- Provides updates, status and completion information to supervisor and or/ users.
- Respond to user requests for service and determine nature and extent of support needed.
- Installs, configures, maintains, and troubleshoots a wide range software used throughout the county.
- Performs hardware/software upgrades to existing computer equipment as needed.
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards and printers for the county.
- Provide telephone or in person support to employees.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing program to meet users’ requirements.
- Connects users to networks
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATION FOR APPOINTMENT
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner utilizing the information they have gathered and analyzed.
- The ability to respond promptly to user needs.
- The ability to recognize improvement possibilities and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- The ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be dependable which includes consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with employees, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in the use of computers and computer programs to include Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
- Knowledge and experience with complex network infrastructure including: network servers, layer 3 & layer 2 managed switches, network storage devices, disk based back-ups, firewall appliances, network VPNs, mobile device management & network integration.
- Knowledge and experience with complex network software including: MS Exchange 2007, MS Server 2003 & 2008, Sequel Server, MS Active Directory, MS Exchange Active Sync, domain controllers, file server, application servers, network monitoring software & tools, VPN and RDP protocols.
- Post Secondary education in computer science related field.
- MS Certified System Engineer Preferred.
- 3-5 year(s) experience in network administration.
- 3–5 year(s) in a help desk support environment.OR
Any equivalent combination of education and experience as is acceptable to the hiring authority.