The mission of the South Dakota Association of County Officials is to promote efficient and effective county government for the citizens of South Dakota. In keeping with that mission, the goals of the Continuing Education Program are:
1. To promote a standard of excellence in the performance of elected county officials through a continuing education program providing instruction to maintain knowledgeable, skillful, and professional public servants, who are highly qualified to perform their duties and worthy of the public’s trust.
2. To enhance the quality of services which the local official provides to the public.
3. To increase the official’s professional competency as a local leader and public manager.
4. To encourage the official’s personal growth.
5. To provide the official with professional recognition.